Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to learn CAD
12-06-2012, 02:52 PM
I want to learn CAD
I would love to attend a workshop sometime this next year, 2013, on CAD with a focus on free tools and preparing designs for personal manufacturing (e.g. G-Code, STL export).

Is anyone else interested?

Here are some of the tools I'd be interested in learning more about:

Sketchup
OpenSCAD
Autodesk Inventor Fusion
Autodesk 123D Design

All the best!
Jason

We seek to enable each other, not replace each other!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 05:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 05:58 AM by TroyGeek.)
RE: I want to learn CAD
(12-06-2012 02:52 PM)dead1eaf Wrote:  I would love to attend a workshop sometime this next year, 2013, on CAD with a focus on free tools and preparing designs for personal manufacturing (e.g. G-Code, STL export).

Sketchup
OpenSCAD
Autodesk Inventor Fusion
Autodesk 123D Design

All the best!
Jason

I am in the process of planning a CAD Workshop at GeeksOk However, We will be looking at open source software and tool chains.

some examples of softwares that may be covered may be

inkscape
wings3D
3Dtin
heekscad
openscad
freecad
qcad
BRLCad
Blender

I think it wold be good to develop a good working cad vocabulary and a basic understanding of similarities between different cad programs, so that it won't matter which program you use.

Troy

(12-06-2012 02:52 PM)dead1eaf Wrote:  I would love to attend a workshop sometime this next year, 2013, on CAD with a focus on free tools and preparing designs for personal manufacturing (e.g. G-Code, STL export).

Sketchup
OpenSCAD
Autodesk Inventor Fusion
Autodesk 123D Design

All the best!
Jason

I am in the process of planning a CAD Workshop at GeeksOk However, We will be looking at open source software and tool chains.

inkscape
wings3D
3Dtin
heekscad
openscad
freecad
qcad
BRLCad
Blender

I think it wold be good to develop a good working cad vocabulary and a basic understanding of similarities between different cad programs, so that it won't matter which program you use.

Troy

Sketchup
OpenSCAD
Autodesk Inventor Fusion
Autodesk 123D Design

All the best!
Jason

inkscape
wings3D
3Dtin
heekscad
openscad
freecad
qcad
BRLCad
Blender

Troy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply