Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Saftey Incidents
10-25-2012, 01:52 AM
Saftey Incidents
Brian Rumberg hurt his hand awhile back. The most disturbing part was that he was unable to find the first aid kit. We should plan to buy a more capable kit, maybe two, and keep them in more visible areas. Here is his report:

Quote:I was working alone at the space and without any gloves. I was trying to turn a bolt in a tight place on my CNC router with a pair of pliers because I didn't have a box end wrench and didn't bring mine from home. The tool slipped off the nut and my index finger went into a piece of sharp steel with all my weight. I sustained a 1" laceration across my index knuckle clean through the skin. I looked for a first aid kit in the kitchen, but was unable to find one so I used paper towels and duct tape to form a bandage.
Many lessons learned, here. (c:
-Brian

------------------------------------

I also hurt my hand around the same time period. Here is the report I made at the time:

Quote:I tripped and cut my hand a little on June 7 around 1PM. No big deal. I didn't need stitches or anything, but, I still may get a tetanus shot. My phone battery was dead and I tried crossing the basement in the dark.

I put a flashlight at the top of the stairs. I was able to find the first aid kit, but I was a little disappointed that it didn't have neosporen on more bandage options. I think we should come up with something better.

Jason

We seek to enable each other, not replace each other!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
RE: Saftey Incidents
So where is this first aid kit or is it a secret? I was thinking I saw one on the fridge, though I haven't verified.
11-02-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: Saftey Incidents
It was there. I think it was in the kitchen cabinet. We should get a few large kits and put them in key places around the space.

Jason

We seek to enable each other, not replace each other!